Lots of Change

I've been amused at the milk selection here. There is fat free, 0.5%, 1%, 1.5%, 2%, 3.9% and even EXTRA whole milk, which is 4.5% fat. All of these selections, but it only comes in a quart size carton (to fit in those toy refrigerators, I guess!) I tagged along grocery shopping with two friends yesterday and picked their brains about different products. They have been so patient with me with all my silly questions (ex: mustard and condensed milk come in a tube?)

Here is another "Greg getting locked in" story. Today he had to take some canisters to another part of the building so he decided to use the utility elevator for the first time. As soon as he got on and the door closed he read on the panel to insert his key. No one had ever mentioned he needed a key. He sat on the closed elevator 15 minutes before someone finally responded to his SOS call. All I can say is that I'm glad it was him and not me. I would have freaked out! Speaking of elevators, I am finally riding the one (coffin box) in our building. After lugging a 35 lb. cart of groceries up the six flights of stairs I decided I would just have to get over my phobia.

I will be attending a women's retreat the end of September. A friend from church and I will ride the train to Fizmoos (not far from Salzburg.) We will be there Monday through Friday(this is what I call a RETREAT!) There is a festival in town that week to celebrate bringing the cows down the mountain. I can't wait to see how God brings us together as sisters in Christ despite the language barrier. When I saw the pictures she took last year I knew that I would not want to miss out on this.

The town celebrates bringing the cows down from the mountains while we're there so the cows are decked out in lots of flowers.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time on your retreat, Karen. I finally found time to read your blog.
    Thanks for sharing your news!

    Doris Logan

    ReplyDelete