The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Clothing Recycling

Plastic

Weisglas-Clear Glass Buntglas-Colored Glass

Metal Cans

Composting Materials

There are also boxes that are delivered each week to entrances to buildings to collect milk and juice cartons


Talk about recycling! There seems to be recycling of just about everything here. Sure wish they would find a reason to recycle those cigarette butts. As "green" conscious as they are here it's sickening how littered the streets are with cigarettes. One day as I walked down the street I observed a man picking up the half smoked cigarettes to finish.

Speaking of yuck, I had lunch with a friend at one of those cute outdoor cafes. Feeling a little adventuresome I decided to try something different-Pork Cheeks in Root Vegetable Sauce over mashed potatoes. I'm thinking tender, succulent pork (not!) It was actually from the cheeks (that's face, not what you're probably thinking) and it was tough, flecked with fat strands, and had a bit of a liver taste. I would not recommend this dish.

So, I plan to be a good resident of Vienna and do my share of recycling, but I may not be quite so eager to try new dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment