NEW FLOORS AND PAINT FOR THE TEXAS HOUSE


August took me to Texas to do a little work on the house in preparation for moving back in December.  It was really difficult to leave after being there three weeks and beginning to feel settled in.



BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

My father-in-law removing several layers of border in the kitchen.  He painted the kitchen a beautiful creamy yellow (not the color you see.)  My friend, Lori, here in Vienna, helped me choose the color.  She even painted a poster board with the paint left over from her dining room so I could look at it in different lights in my kitchen.  The paint was from England so Home Depot had quite a time matching it, but finally had success.

The creamy yellow was quite a contrast to the orangey drab yellow.
 
My mother-in-law admiring the finished wall in the media room.  I should have gotten a picture of the ugly green before it was painted.





No comments:

Post a Comment