AND HERE COMES WINTER......





What happened to our Fall?



I love Fall. It is my favorite time of year and I was eagerly anticipating a beautiful Vienna Fall. It appears that the recent cold and wind is responsible for the leaves dropping to the ground before they had the opportunity to dazzle us with their gorgeous autumn colors. I guess there's always next year!
It has been damp, cold, and dreary the last few weeks.
It isn't easy having moved here from Los Alamos, NM where the sun shines most every day all year round. My friends remind me the worst is yet to come. Thanks a lot-just what I needed to hear!

So, in anticipation of five months of basically very little sunshine I am beginning to line up some projects to help stave off the "winter doldrums."


Quilt square I made for our quilting class group quilt.

I aspire to quilt like Mam from Korea who is in our quilting class.


So, I will plan to enjoy the upcoming activities as weather permits: Women's Guild Tea at the Mexican Embassy (do I hear green chile calling my name?!), tour of Viennese porcelain factory, Albertina Museum, Euro-American spiritual retreat in Germany....... I will pray that my body can hold up to this lifestyle that it's not accustomed to and will secretly yearn for the quiet and peacefulness of the back porch of our retirement home in the Hill Country of Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment